Many configurations are used for force transfer in connections. The configuration depends upon the type of connecting elements, nature and magnitude of the forces (and moments), available equipment, fabrication and erection considerations, cost, etc.
Difference of Rivets and bolts connections
First, the connection method is different
1. Riveting is a method of using axial force to thicken the nail rod pier in the rivet hole of the part and form a nail head to connect multiple parts.
2. Bolt connection is to use bolts to pass through the through holes of the two connected parts, and then put a washer on and tighten the nut.
Second, applicable occasions are different
1. The riveting adaptability is good. The holes of the two plates allow some deviations. The rivets are soft when they are driven in and can be closely attached by tapping.
2. Bolt joints are mainly used in situations where the two sides are allowed to be assembled and disassembled, and the thickness between the joints is not very large.
Third, the number of uses
1. The rivets for riveting are disposable and cannot be dismantled. If you want to split the parts, you must destroy the rivets.
2. The screw is connected to the part by screwing into the body of the part. Therefore, if you want to disassemble the parts, you only need to unscrew the screws, and the screws will not be damaged and can be used repeatedly.
Post time: Mar-25-2020